Monday, October 13, 2008

Social Networking: My Experiences

I am beginning to see great possibilities for social networking in education. I have participated in various online groups for years but have never seen the commitment and collaborative spirit that I see at work on sites such as Classroom 2.0 and Fireside Learning.

Classroom 2.0 and School 2.0 were founded by Steve Hargadon, the director of the K12 Open Technologies Initiative at the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN).

Fireside Learning
: Conversations About Education, was started by Connie Weber, a fourth- and fifth-grade teacher in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Another one that intrigues me is FieldFindr: Connecting Teachers to Global Citizens. David Truss, an educator in Vancouver, started this site as a way for teachers to connect to experts in various fields.

No comments: